Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

T-minus two days and counting!!

Here we are on the pathway that we have been dreaming of! Take off is scheduled in two days! The last three weeks have been extremely busy with work, preparations for the trip, family, and personal business to take care of. I think we are finally ready...well, almost. We actually have about 5 things on our to-do list. We sit in Lilah at some point every day and try to think of anything that we are forgetting. Really I think we just use that as an excuse to be inside our little camper van world and dream!!

Take off in two days!!

Oh my goodness, we are about to bust with excitement. As we get closer though we have begun to feel the pull at our heart strings. Our daughter, Tiffany, came by the other day for a visit and I didn't think I was gonna make it through without shedding tears at the thought of not seeing her for 60 days. We talk nearly every day on the phone, so my mind tells me that this won't be much different...but it will be since there will be many more miles between us. She is handling most of our affairs while we are gone and so we will be talking often about normal stuff, like the bills and house, so I think that will ease any longing to get back home. "I will miss my bills." said noone ever!! Yep, being reminded of all that day-to-day stuff will help me remember to be in the moment and enjoy this amazing opportunity!! (I will still miss YOU though, Tiffany!!)

What a celebration!!

This trip really is a celebration of life. We have survived my Lymphoma. A visit to the oncologist today has left us feeling secure that all is good and we can put any fears to rest! I have a sign on my bathroom mirror that says "You know all those things you always wanted to do. You should go do them." I added something to that sign about a year ago when I was diagnosed with Lymphoma. I added a line through the word "should". It now reads:

You know all those things you always wanted to do.

You should go do them.

I never want to take this life for granted. I have seriously lost interest in those things that do not make me happy or add meaning to my life or the lives of those around me. Our time here can be stripped away in an instant and wasting time with things or people that make us miserable is just not acceptable anymore. I am focused on doing the things I have always dreamed of doing and I am grateful for the friends and family I have around me that are encouraging and supportive! I love each and every one of them!

So Off We "All" Go!!!

We are carrying everyone we love with us in our travels. We will be thinking about you and talking about you as we drive and visit the most amazing places. We will be saying things like, "Ya know who would love this..." or "If only so and so was here to see this." We will contemplate. We will laugh. We will stand in awe. Best of all, you will be there with us!!!

Oh and we have a few surprises up our sleeve as well. hee hee

Tick, tick, tick and the excitement builds!!




4 comments:

  1. Have fun, and take lots of pictures!!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news today! You have such a great perspective. The freedom you will have over the next couple of months will be heady stuff, I'm sure. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete